PROJECT MANAGER – ECONOMIC AND LIVELIHOOD PROJECT
MMC-International is a leading development consulting firm based in Somalia providing exemplary consulting services to both domestic and international clients in the areas of Research and M&E, Policy and Strategy Development, Project Management and Institutional Capacity Development in a wide range of practice areas. MMC-International has been working in Somalia since 2009 mainly supporting and empowering vulnerable women and youth to be socially and economically active through the provision of integrated social and economic empowerment support interventions. Currently, MMC-International is a consortium member of an SSF funded “Economic Development and Livelihood Project” with the objective of addressing drivers of conflict and instability by providing socio-economic opportunities to socially and economically empower vulnerable youth and women in targeted districts of the South West State (SWS) of Somalia thus becoming responsible citizens.
The project is now seeking a qualified Project Manager who will perform the overall management of the project (including staff management , project planning and implementation) and provide technical support in areas related to MMCI project components for the “Economic Development and Livelihood Project”, particularly executing the day to day work related to the employability and enterprise development activities of the project in order to successfully facilitate the target beneficiary’s transition to sustainable wage and self-employment. S/he will also make sure that the desired outcomes of the project are achieved.
- The Project Manager (Technical Expert) will work under the guidance and supervision of the Program Director and collaboratively work with the designated team of the consortium lead agency and MMCI internal key functions. The incumbent will also work closely with the private sector and relevant government entities at the federal, state and local level. The main duties and responsibilities of the position are as follows:
- i. Representation, Liaison, Coordination and Partnership
- ii. Project Management
- iii. Admin, HR and Team Management
- iv. Business Development
- A university graduate degree in a field related to the assignment (e.g. Economics, Business Administration, Social Sciences)
- Minimum of five (5) years of professional experience in the development area and three (3) years of experience in designing and/or implementing demand-driven workforce development and/or youth entrepreneurship initiatives
- Familiarity with a range of Active Labor Market Programs, such as technical and life skills training, employment services, wage subsidies, microfinance and microenterprise development
- Demonstrated and in depth understanding of gender issues in economic and social empowerment and practical experience in applying the concepts to practice;
- Experience working with youth and vulnerable populations strongly preferred
- Solid understanding of the Somalia labor market and business environment
- Experience working in the area of capacity building, monitoring and result based management
- Experience managing and reporting on a complex portfolio of projects and/or activities
- Demonstrated ability of problem solving, team work, responsibility and to work under tight deadlines
- Strong negotiation skills, communication skills, and writing and presentation skills
- Proficiency in computer software application, report preparation, and data management.
- Fluency in Somali and English, both oral and written